Health, Safety and The Environment
The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and The Construction (Design and Management)
Regulations 2007 imposes statutory duties on employers and employees. To enable these
statutory duties to be carried out, it is the Policy of Dowhigh Ltd, so far as it is reasonably practical, to ensure that responsibilities for Health and Safety are sufficiently resourced, assigned, accepted and fulfilled at all levels of the Organisation, and that all appropriate steps are taken to safeguard the health, safety and well-being of all employees and non-employees that may be affected by its undertakings. Details of individual key responsibilities are published in the Policy and this will be periodically monitored and reviewed as appropriate, along with the management system and audit of compliance to the policy. Any such changes will be communicated to all employees.
The Directors of the Organisation recognise Occupational Health and Safety as an integral part of its business performance and are committed to continued and progressive improvement in health, safety and welfare standards, and in the prevention of injury and/or ill health, and will plan and conduct its undertakings accordingly.
The Company requires the full co-operation and support of all employees to meet their aims
and objectives and expects each employee to refuse to work if they deem any task to pose a
significant/intolerable and uncontrolled risk. The Company expects all employees to work together to find practical resolutions to control risks and to bring them down to acceptable limits.
It is the aim of the Organisation to achieve a high level of performance, with full compliance to legal requirements as the minimum, and is committed to maintaining accreditation to an effective OHSAS Management system, with the intention of providing a framework for setting and reviewing the OH&S objectives.
It is the absolute intention of our Organisation, so far as is reasonably practicable, to ensure:
• The provision and maintenance of all plant and systems of work are safe and without risk
• Arrangements for use, handling, storage and transport of substances for use at work are without risk to health
• Adequate information is made available with respect to articles and substances used at work detailing the conditions and precautions necessary to ensure that when effectively used they will be safe and without risk to health
• The progressive provision of up to date information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to secure the health and safety at work of all employees
• The working environment of all employees is safe and without risk to health and safety and that adequate provisions are made with regard to the facilities and arrangements for their welfare at work
• Regular consultation with employees is sought on matters that affect their health and safety
It shall be the duty of employee at work:
• To take reasonable steps for the health and safety of himself and of other persons who may be affected by his acts or omissions at work
• To co-operate with their employer so far as is necessary to enable the employer to comply with his duties under the Act
The Company’s policies, systems, arrangements and procedures will be regularly reviewed (biannually) and updates to reflect any changes in legislation and/or best practice.
|| | ||