ALL ASPECTS OF EARTHWORKS UNDERTAKEN ACROSS THE NORTH WEST
Our commercial earthworks division covers all aspects of minor and major earthworks. Our highly skilled team are both experienced and well qualified and have worked on a wide variety of projects in a variety of sectors.
Complex projects are a particular specialty as the Company has a large skilled in-house workforce and modern plant fleet. We also have our own in-house engineering service, which means that we can offer surveys, full setting out from electronic formats and an as-built drawing service.
An excellent example of Dowhigh performing substantial earthworks would be the St Helens Cemetery Extension, off Rainford Road, St Helens, valued at £1.25m, the works included:
- Reprofiling of the existing former farm land
- Importation of over 50,000m3 of class C2 material, treated materials that had been removed from the Echo Arena and Convention Centre in Liverpool
- 600m of drainage in both clayware and concrete pipe was used to reroute the existing public sewer system
- Tree planting
- Footways including 2000 tonnes of recycled MOT
Other examples of sites including muck shift and deep drainage include:
- Echo Arena, Liverpool 2007 – muck shifting, hard scaping, drainage, waterproofing etc
- Pool Lane, Allport Road, Bromborough Link Road between A41 and Dock Road South 1999
- Cottage Loaf, Thurstaston Roundabout 2009
- Saughall Massey Road, Saughall Massey 2004 – green field carriageway reconstruction
- Caldbeck Road Bromborough 2005 – link road through a new industrial estate
- Kitchen Street Liverpool 1999 – sewer diversion and road reconstruction
- Formby Bypass (phase two) 2010 – renewal of the existing surface water drainage system
The company relishes the opportunity to work on both brown and green field sites where by a new highway can be constructed from muck shift to drainage to kerbing and final installation of the surface course.